Yesterday, I had my 23rd birthday. I can’t believe it! Over the past year, I graduated from college, got my first full-time job, moved home to Dallas, and have continued to work on my passion, my blog. I’m so grateful for everything I’ve learned this year and I’m beyond excited for what the future holds.
I thought I would put something different up on the blog as a way for you to get to know me better and maybe learn a thing or two about me that you might not have known!
- I won the spelling bee in 8th grade and went all the way to the Dallas County Bee before I got beaten out by a lot of homeschooled kids. I lost on the word ‘backstein’ – ugh.
- My first concert was Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus & the Jonas Brothers and it’s still the best concert I’ve ever been to. (I didn’t meet a Jonas (Joe) until my junior year of college – still haven’t met Nick, though!)
- I rode horses for 10 years of my life and had two horses, Umberto and Boomer.
- I went to an all-girls high school (shaving my legs regularly still hasn’t become a habit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).
- I’ve broken two bones: my big toe and my shoulder.
- My favorite book is The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- The first CD I ever owned was one of Christina Aguilera’s albums – ‘Genie in a bottle,’ anyone?
- I describe myself as an F-list Spotify star – I have a playlist with 36 followers!
- I took singing lessons in 8th grade because I thought I would be on Disney Channel and meet Nick Jonas – oops. (Also was a #bingewatcher of That’s So Raven, Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, The Amanda Show, Spongebob…I credit my weird sense of humor to these shows :P).
- I love to do accents/impersonations – my favorite is an Australian accent or any of Kristen Wiig’s characters on SNL.
- I planned my blog in secret for 6 months before launching it.
- I’m 5’7 but wish I was taller!
- I studied abroad in Paris for three months in the summer of 2016, and I’d say my French is relatively decent from that – oui?
- I didn’t learn to ride a bike until right before my freshman year of high school (safe to say I still avoid riding them today).
- I recently made the switch to start using all cruelty-free beauty and skincare products after I found out about Nars starting to do animal testing.
- My all-time, most favorite clothing brands are Madewell and Vince.
- My top two favorite bloggers are Emma Hill and Kathleen Barnes of Carrie Bradshaw Lied.
- I was scared of doorknobs when I was little because I thought they were eyeballs, so I’d open every door when I was watching TV so that I couldn’t see any knobs – I was weird!
- I wore headgear for a year before getting my braces off…#hot, #aestethic.
- My mom raised us watching British period pieces, so by default, my favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice, but the PBS version. The Keira Knightley version is NOTHING in comparison to the PBS version; we consider it an illegitimate version in my house.
- I’m definitely an introvert and I consider myself pretty shy in big social situations.
- I was a Chi Omega at the University of Texas at Austin (any sisters reading along?!).
- My eyes are brown, but one of my eyes is much more hazel green than the other, so I like to say I have two differently colored eyes. After I cry or if I cry when I laugh, you can really see how green it is!
Any of you relate to any of these fun facts or did they trigger a funny story you want to share? Let me know in the comments!